Individuals, Organization or Agencies who will be eligible and encouraged to seek funding must:
- Be led and supported by a Board who are committed to the above vision/mission/principles and service needs.
- Have a minimum of three years substance abuse expertise in the required area-prevention, outpatient, etc. or be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver substance abuse education, prevention or treatment services at the required level of expertise.
- Have policy and procedures reflecting and supportive of the above services vision, mission and principles.
- Be able to demonstrate their effort to: 1) be aware of their own culturally-based assumptions, values and biases; 2) demonstrate efforts in the past year to understand the world view of the culturally diverse client families in the county, and 3) demonstrate appropriate culturally-based substance abuse intervention strategies and techniques.
- Have a Board which raises funds for the agency and can document these efforts.
- Be able to comply with all applicable federal, state and local requirements.