County Seal

Boards, Commissions and Committees

There are approximately 100 Boards and Commissions to which the Board of Supervisors appoints some or all of the members. There is an on going need for all interested residents to apply for positions on commissions which are of interest to them. Each Board and Commission has an issue, policy and/or program focus, and appointees generally represent defined communities of interest. The Board of Supervisors relies on these groups to advise them on a wide range of issues affecting their constituencies and to assure they are responsive to community needs.

Disclaimer:   The information contained in the following pages was valid at the time of publication.   The County of Fresno reserves the right to make changes and improvements at any time without notice, and assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions, or discrepancies.

Rosters are the lists of the current members, vacancies, all term expiration dates and vacancies. You may conduct your search by committee name or by an individualís name.

Fact Sheets

Fact Sheets are descriptions of the membership composition of each Board and Commission, telling its legal genesis or justifications of existence, the qualifications for appointment, term length and limit, purpose of the Board and Commission, and contact information. You may conduct your search by committee name or by an individualís name.


This is the form you will fill out to apply for any Board or Commission. Please print out a copy of the application, enter the name of the Board or Commission that you wish to apply for (one per application) at the top of the page, and then fill the application out to the best of your ability. If you have questions, please call the contact person for that board.  If you are applying for the Mental Health Board or the In-Home Supportive Services Advisory Committee, a supplemental application specific to each of those committees must also be completed.  If you are applying for the Workforce Investment Board, please note there is a different application form. Mail or deliver the completed application to the Clerk of the Board at 2281 Tulare Street, #301, Fresno, CA 93721. We will let you know as soon as possible once you are selected.

Current Vacancies List

This is a list of all Boards & Commissions vacancies, current as of the date printed at the top of the page. If you are interested in applying for a position on one of the Boards or Commissions, please print out a copy of the application.

Local Appointments

This is a list of Boards and Commissions with terms expiring during the current calendar year. You may submit an application for boards and Commissions that have one or more terms expiring but no current vacancies. your application will remain on file with the Clerk to the Board's office for one year.

Notice of Unscheduled Vacancy Form

Elected Boards in Special Districts / Landowner Elected Districts

Please check the Special Districts Board Members for elected officials if you are looking for information on a Community Service District, Conservation District, Drainage District, Fire Protection District, Hospital District, Irrigation District, Memorial District, Police Protection District, Public Utility District, Reclamation District, Recreation & Park District, Resource Conservation District, County Water District or Water District. Sometimes the Board of Supervisors is asked to appoint members to fill vacancies on elected boards in special districts. If you are applying for this type of position, please fill out this supplemental application form and submit it with the regular application form: Supplemental Application Form, Board Member of Elected Districts .

Elected Boards in Special Districts

If you have any questions regarding Elected Boards in Special Districts, please call County Clerk/Registrar of Voters at 559-600-3346.

The Landowner Elected Special Districts operate independently from the County of Fresno. Occasionally, the Board of Supervisors will make appointments to the district boards in lieu of elections or when unexpected vacancies occur. If you are interested in applying for this type of position, please complete the regular and supplemental applications (Applications) and submit to the Clerk to the Board of Supervisors office.

If you have any questions regarding Landowner Elected Special District, please contact the individual Landowner Elected Special District for information specific to the district.

Comments and Suggestions

Your comments and suggestions are always welcomed. These comments and suggestions can be sent to the   Clerk of the Board, 2281 Tulare Street, #301 Fresno, CA 93721.

Fresno County Ordinance Code section 2.68

Attendance at meetings is important so that a quorum is at hand to conduct business. The Fresno County Ordinance Code Section 2.68 provides information about attendance, notices from secretary to the board, and the ability to petition the Board of Supervisors to waive absences. If you find it necessary to complete a Petition for Waiver form due to excessive absences, this form should be completed and submitted to your committee contact person so that it may be placed on the board of Supervisors agenda for consideration. Click here for the Petition for waiver of Absences form.

Certification Pursuant to Elections Code 10515

Elections Code section 10515 provides that if only one candidate runs for an elected position in  a special district, the election is canceled, and the office conducting the election (the County Clerk, for a registered voter district, or the designated official for a landowner voter district) notifies your board. It then becomes your Board's responsibility to appoint the candidate who ran. Term length is four years unless specified.

Committees with a Board Member

This is a list of Boards, Commissions or Committees on which the Board of Supervisors serve.

Fresno County Management Directive

Management Directive 2700 deals with the application and appointment processes for various Boards, Commissions and Committees.

Form 700 - Statement of Economic Interest

This form must be filled for some the appointments which are made.   Your appointment letter will indicate whether you are required to complete a Form 700.  You will not have to complete every section; your contact person will advise you which portions you are required to complete. The interactive Form 700 works best with newer versions of the free Adobe Reader software. (Note: this is a large file - approximately 620K.) Many computers have this software installed, but visit the Adobe Reader download site if you need to download Adobe Reader. Please check system requirements to determine the best version of Adobe Reader for your computer. These free versions of the Adobe software allow printing of completed form pages - but not the saving of completed pages to disk or electronic filing.

Other Boards and Committees Websites

You may view additional information on some of the Boards, commissions and Committees on their individual websites.

BCC Home